Current Affairs Quiz: 12 September 2020 News Headlines
Current Affairs Quiz: 12 September 2020 is based on many newspaper headlines. My aim to provide you the latest happening which will help to increase your GK to all aspirants.
Thus I think the Current Affairs Quiz: 12 September 2020 is very helpful for you and your aspirant’s team.
Naomi Osaka beats Victoria Azarenka to win U.S. Open
- Naomi Osaka wins the US Open to beat Belarusian Victoria Azarenka 1-6, 6-3, 6-3, to lift the trophy for the second time in three years.
- She did not lose her patience even in a terrible pandemic like Covid-19 and lack of training as she had her third Grand Slam title.
- The victory allowed the 22-year-old to maintain her 100% winning record in Grand Slam finals while Azarenka was denied a U.S. Open crown for a third time having also finished runner-up in 2012 and 2013.
Australia wins first ODI
- Australia defeated England by 19 runs to win the first One-Day International at Old Trafford on Friday.
- World champion England set 295 for victory, finished on 275 for nine as Australia defeated its arch-rival for just the third time in 14 ODIs.
Sports complex in Jammu kept named Jaitley
- Hiranagar in Jammu located a Sports complex was named after late Arun Jaitley.
- The ₹58.23-crore mega-sports complex is spread over 270 kanals of land. It is being undertaken under the Prime Minister’s Development Package (PMDP).
- Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha, Union Minister Jitendra Singh, and Union Minister of Youth and Sports Kiren Rijiju, jointly laid the e-foundation stone of the Shri Arun Jaitley Memorial Sports Complex.
- The family members of Arun Jaitley, including his wife Sangeeta Jaitley and his daughter, participated in the event online.
Singer Anuradha Paudwals son aditya paudwal passes away.
- Singer Anuradha Paudwal’s son Aditya Paudwal passed away due to kidney failure.
- He was 35. Aditya was hospitalised for a few months due to kidney-related ailments and breathed his last on Saturday.
- He was a music arranger and producer. He had produced the song ‘saheb tu’ from the film Thackeray. The film was based on the life of Shiv Sena founder, the late Bal Thackeray.
Q1.Vadivel’ Balaji has passed away at the age of 42, he belongs to which sector?
1. Tamil Actor
2. Tamil Director
3. Tamil Comedian
4. Tamil Singer
Ans- Tamil Comedian
Actor and comedian ‘Vadivel’ Balaji died in Chennai on Thursday morning. He was 42.
Q2. When we deserve world suicide prevention day?
1. 10 July
2. 15 August
3. 10 September
4. 20 October
Ans- 10 September
10 September every year deserve world Suicide prevention day all over the world.